You’ve made your campaign, shared it, and now you’re ready to add a bank account to receive the funds you raised.
If the person withdrawing meets the requirements, please follow these steps below.
Step 1. Start by selecting "Withdraw" on your campaign Dashboard.
Step 2: If you haven’t done so by this point, you will need to confirm your email. If you haven't received the verification email, click here.
Step 3: If your phone number hasn’t been verified from your device in the last 30 days, you’ll be prompted to add your number after selecting “Set up withdrawals”. This is an important security feature called Multi-Factor Authentication and it’s a way of protecting your account information from being tampered with.
Step 3: Once your phone number is verified, you’ll be given the following options to choose between:
- Myself or Someone else: choosing “Myself” means that you will be adding your own personal information and bank account. Choosing "Someone else" means that you’re sending the funds to someone else’s bank account. Do not select "Myself" and then add someone else's information.
- Personal or Organization: “Personal” means that an individual will be withdrawing to their own bank account. “Organization” will set a company up to add their bank account. Learn more about organization withdrawals here.
Note: If your account is connected to Stripe or you created a charity campaign connected to PayPal Giving Fund, withdrawals are set up differently. You can read more about Stripe here and certified charity campaign withdrawals here.
If you’re not using Stripe or the PayPal Giving Fund, but you still don’t see an "Organization" option, please reach out to us if you need help adding organization information to your account.
Step 4: If you chose “Someone else,” you will then be directed to send an email invitation to the person managing withdrawals. If the invitation doesn’t send, try sending it to another email of theirs. It usually does the trick! If they don't have an email, we recommend setting them up with a Gmail account so that they can withdraw.
If you chose “Myself” you will verify your own personal information and add your bank account. Do not add someone else’s information to your own account.
Something went wrong error
If you receive an error when filling out your information that says "Something went wrong - Contact our team" this could be due to a number of reasons. You'll want to check the following:
- Do you have the correct routing number? In the US, routing numbers are exactly 9 digits long and you will need to use the number for ACH transfers only. Contact your bank for the most accurate information.
- Are you entering the correct state or province code? It will need to be 2 letters long. For example, if you are in California, you will need to enter "CA". If you are in Alberta, you will need to enter "AB".
- Are you entering an address that starts with a letter? If so, you'll need to start the address with a number then a letter. P.O. Box addresses can be entered if you are requesting a check.
Step 5: After you confirm, the withdrawals for your full account balance will be initiated at the frequency that you choose (daily, weekly, monthly). Withdrawing will not affect your campaign at all. Your campaign’s "Total Amount Raised" meter will stay the same and you can continue accepting donations for as long as you’d like.
Once withdrawals are sent, it will take 2-5 business days to arrive (weekends and holidays do not count as business days). Unfortunately, we aren’t able to make withdrawals arrive faster.